27 Jul Canada Freight Forwarder Hiring Considerations
Freight forwarding is always demanded when shipping cargo from point A to point B and vice versa, for international shipping is getting more complicated and with it document completion, ensuring goods, and physical transportation, warehousing, and the storing of goods. However, choosing the right freight forwarder in Canada isn’t always an easy task and finding a company you’re comfortable working with matters, as you want to ensure your Canadian freight forwarder will move your items quickly and safely. So, before you decide which freight forwarder in Canada to partner with, you want to make sure you are choosing the best freight forwarding company for your specific needs and considering all the necessary factors and these are:
When you choose a freight forwarder in Canada, choose the best freight forwarding company that covers your specific needs and these are:
- What are you Moving?
Before you choose the right freight forwarder for your needs, it’s best to know what you’ll be moving for:
- Not all freight forwarders in Canada will work with all goods.
- Some specialize in moving food products, while others may not move food products at all.
- There are several things to consider when hiring a freight forwarder in Canada, but the items you plan to move comes first.
- You have to first make sure you know what you will be moving and where it will be going before you start searching for the right freight forwarder for your needs.
- Do you Need Other Services, too?
Take the time to figure out what you need and what you require before you start looking for the right freight forwarder for you for:
- Freight forwarders in Canada may offer multiple services in addition to moving goods from point A to point B.
- Some freight forwarders in Canada offer a full line of services including freight forwarding for you to choose from.
- In order for freight forwarders in Canada to help, you need to decide whether you need full logistics services or you just need to move goods from one place to another.
- Along with the services offered, you should also understand how fast delivery will be when asset-based transportation is required, any type of special packaging requirements, and the amount of volume you will be shipping.
- All of these factors will help to determine the type of services you will need from your freight forwarder in Canada.
- How will you be Shipping Your Goods?
The method of shipping may also become a factor by which you hire a freight forwarding company in Canada for:
- While most companies will ship by truck, air, railway, and ocean, some companies don’t use all of these shipping methods.
- The size of the shipment may determine the method of shipping.
- Along with the method of shipment, you want to make sure your goods will be fully protected.
- Find out what type of cargo insurance will be necessary and what type of protection your freight forwarder will offer you.
- Freight Forwarders or Customs Brokers?
On the surface, it can be pretty easy to mix up a freight forwarder in Canada with a customs broker in Canada. However, they are rather different likewise:
- If you plan to ship goods to and/or from the USA/Canada, you will likely want to form partnerships with a freight forwarder and a customs broker, for in fact, these two partners often become your closest allies as an importer/exporter of goods.
- A freight forwarder will handle the logistics of actually moving goods from point A to point B and he/she will arrange the physical transportation, warehousing, and the storing of goods.
- On the other hand, your customs broker will handle the bureaucratic side of things including document completion and ensuring your goods get into or out of a country and he/she will be in direct contact with many government agencies, such as the FDA, the Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Customs Border and Protection, Consumer Product Safety Commission, and the Canada Border Service Agency.
Before you decide which freight forwarder in Canada to partner with, you want to make sure you consider all the necessary factors and these are:
- Experience Matters
Experience matters and you want someone on your side with the ability to move your goods from point A to point B without issue for:
- New freight forwarding companies in Canada may not know how to navigate some of the obstacles encountered along the way.
- Whether you’re using ground, sea, or air shipping methods, you need a freight forwarder with experience in the type of goods you’re moving.
- Some freight forwarding companies specialize in specific goods, while others have experience moving just about anything.
- Your Canadian freight forwarding company should have experience moving multi-dimensional loads, temperature-controlled goods, dangerous goods, and experience with emergency shipping.
- It’s also a good idea to choose a company with experience moving goods to and from the cities you plan to ship to and from.
- An experienced freight forwarder in Canada, will provide all the necessary services you need and it will be able to meet both your logistics and shipping requirements making the process of moving goods seamless.
- Check the Services and Consider the Future
Make sure to research the different services offered by your freight forwarder to better understand what they can and cannot do for you for:
- You may only need basic freight forwarding services today, but future shipments may require specialized services.
- While any good freight forwarder in Canada should be able to link modes of transportation easily, not all will offer specialized shipping.
- Some may offer rather unique services, such as helicopter shipping or shipping very heavy objects.
- It is better to consider the services they offer and whether you’ll need these services in the future or even today.
- Industry Certifications Need to be Checked
Make sure you check the certifications before you decide which Canadian freight forwarding company you will use to ship your goods for:
- From the very important Partners in Protection (PIP) certification to registration with Transport Canada, a good freight forwarder will offer many industry certifications.
- The PIP certification focuses on enhancing border security, securing the trade chain, and the elimination of contraband smuggling.
- This PIP certification is very important and falls under the CBSA or Canadian Border Service Agency program.
- When a freight forwarder is PIP certified, they will maintain the highest security standards and they are considered to be a trusted trader.
- A membership with The Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association will ensure the team members of your freight forwarder have been fully trained on airfreight requirements.
- Check the Capabilities
When you examine the service contracts of freight forwarders in Canada, you will find out what they are capable of providing for:
- A freight forwarding company with multiple carrier contracts provides many benefits, especially during peak seasons.
- When timing and space become an issue, the right freight forwarder will already have service contracts in place to help solve these issues.
- Are you planning to grow into a global business or do you already need global shipping services?
- Choosing a Canadian freight forwarding company with the ability to manage your global business matters.
- If they have the capability to offer you multiple carrier options, you’ll have a better chance of moving your cargo on time and to the right place without nearly the hassle.
- Choose Great Customer Service
When you first speak with a freight forwarding company, you want to examine the type of customer service they provide for:
- A poor interaction may be a sign you need to find a different freight forwarding company in Canada.
- Customer service matters and if they cannot provide good customer service with prompt replies to your requests, you may not be happy with the service they provide on an ongoing basis.
- Companies with the ability to respond quickly to your questions and requests often provide better overall service.
- Good freight forwarders should also provide a website filled with useful information and important forms making it convenient for you to find what you need.
- Check the Shipping Methods and Volume Capabilities
Make sure you know the shipping methods and volume capabilities of your freight forwarder before making your final choice for:
- Good freight forwarders will offer all the major shipping methods including International Ocean/Air.
- Good freight forwarders should know how to navigate the many regulations for different types of goods and different shipping methods.
- It’s also important to know what type of volume your freight forwarder can handle.
- Today, you may only need to send a smaller shipment from Canada to the USA, but tomorrow you may need to ship a rather large amount of goods from Canada to France.
- You have to consider what you may need as your company grows, as well.
- Make Sure They Have Insurance
One final thing you want to do before you hire a freight forwarder for your needs is to check their insurance coverage for:
- You want to make sure your freight will be covered during shipping, so check the insurance coverage offered by any freight forwarder you plan to hire.
- When it’s time to hire a freight forwarder in Canada, you want to take the time to choose the right company for the job.
- You’re likely looking for someone you can partner with to move goods for you regularly, which means doing your research will make a difference in your decision.
- A freight forwarder with the right insurance coverage should handle all the necessary services to ensure your goods are properly moved from one place to another without issue.
- A freight forwarder’s team of professionals should take care of all the necessary documentation, along with arranging transport for your shipment.
- Make Sure You Choose the Best
Ensure you’re choosing the best freight forwarding company for your specific needs likewise:
- Choosing the right freight forwarder in Canada isn’t always an easy task.
- Finding a company, you’re comfortable working with matters, as you want to ensure your Canadian freight forwarder will move your items quickly and safely.
- When you choose a freight forwarder for your freight forwarding needs, you should be getting both a freight forwarder in Canada and a customs broker.
- Choosing the best freight forwarder for your freight forwarding needs will ensure you have a partner capable of moving your goods from point A to point B without issue.
- Not only does the best freight forwarder provide freight forwarding services, but he/she will also provide full customs broker service giving you a competitive advantage when you need to move goods from one country to another.
- In hiring a freight forwarder in Canada consider the aforementioned four things that cover your needs.
- In choosing the right freight forwarder in Canada consider the aforementioned seven tips that cover your factors.
There are many ways to optimize and improve international shipments from consolidation to arranging cross-docking, but if you plan to utilize all, we DIJLA would be happy to help you choose the right pallets, properly secure your shipment, and handle anything from custom packaging to customs clearance.
That is why DIJLA helps companies manage their shipping logistics so that shipping times can be optimized. We provide shipping solutions at every level of the shipping process so you can get the most out of your shipping budget without needing to deal with the hassle of complex shipping procedures.
What about allocating the whole process to one of the most well-known shipping companies globally that combines freight shipping, supply chain management, shipment tracking and other services, with a solid understanding of shipping methods and insurance, as well as a good grasp of overseas markets and regulations and equipped with specific qualifications involving the transportation of hazardous materials, oversized cargo or dangerous goods?
Indeed, it relieves you from doing thorough research from the start to see where your international shipping niche might be, paying lump sums when you can manage your budget and spend and the hectic of perceiving this hazardous chain.
DIJLA who is highly regarded for its shipment services to all Iraqi provinces and manages shipping documents for Iraq customs, is ready to provision the whole process for you from freight forwarding to shipping and logistics services, land transporting services, custom clearance services and door to door delivering services with the aforementioned specializations and qualifications and the handling of all these concerns to ensure your goods will reach safe and get imported to the destined customers efficiently.
From a modest beginning in 2011, DIJLA today boasts of working with reputed partnerships, an internationally accredited matrix of agencies that warrant us to extend effective services across the globe. From the list of shipping companies in Dubai, DIJLA Shipping & Freight Forwarding L.L.C is a leading Logistics and Shipping company since 2011. With offices in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, China, Iraq, we provide the art of international Door-to-Door shipping services, Air Freight, Sea Freight, Transportation services and logistics services. We manage and deliver globally different sizes of cargo, from small to standard to big sizes, with effectiveness and accuracy in order to meet the highest levels of Customer satisfaction. Our team comprises the wizards from the logistics industry who possess cognizance, acumen and foresight about this industry.